Jesus was asked by the rulers of the day which was the greatest commandment. His reply was, Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, mind and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets depend on these two commandments. We must look at the Declaration of Independence through this lens
The Declaration of Independence states: “We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness—-That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed….” From these three all the rest of our rights are derived. Governments are supposed to uphold these rights, not for their convenience or power, but for the people. We are born with these rights and any attempt to limit any one of them limits them all. There are two more rights that are important and they are the first and second amendments: the right to gather, write, speak and worship and the right to bear arms. We have nothing if we do not have these two rights. These two amendments guarantees the rest of them. Since this started over a year ago, we have been dictated to and not governed, nor did we give our consent to what transpired.
This is MY never again Contract with you, the Citizens of Michigan. As Your governor, never again will I allow the following things to happen again.
1) will the Constitutions of the United States and Michigan be bypassed. It is the law of the land. These rights come from God and our government guarantees them.
2) will our congress be put on the sidelines. Even in an emergency they are valuable and needed to make things right, and to protect our citizens
3) will one office or department make the rules we must live by.
4) will one branch of government determine what is essential and nonessential for business and worship.
5) will emergency mandates be so unscientific. They will be grounded in scientific studies and tests.
There were no scientific grounds for the madness we just came through.
6) will intimidation be the rule of the land. We have laws and we will follow them.
7) will the right to gather and express oneself be limited.
Our return to freedom begins with remembering who we were and how we lived before all this happened. We must never let it happen again. I can guarantee one thing that will take place if we ever let it happen again and that is this country will be over as we know it. When it comes to the next election, it will come down to the person you put into that office and not the party. We have seen many in both parties that would and still will sell us out to the highest bidder, or briber if I may say so. I cannot and will not be bought. I have your highest regard as my guidelines. Together we can make this state the best its ever been. Bob Scott for Governor, Bringing Your Michigan Back to you.